Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Uniforms.

Last week my uniform had to be thrown out- one too many bloodstains, not enough Shout. I know, you're thinking "But it's red on red!" Well, I don't know, maybe it's all that holy wine they drink, but priest's blood has this awful tinge of purple that just does not come out of a red knit dress. Anyway, everyone's been asking me "how's it going finding the rest of your costume?" Costume? What, like this is Halloween or something? I have a mission, and that is what I wear when I am working on it. It's a uniform, not a freakin'costume.

Meanwhile: it's really hard to find a plain red dress. I even went to a store called The Red Dress Store, and they only had one red dress, and it wasn't plain at all. I wish I could remember where I found the first one. I think it was in an old second-hand store in Indiana, but that place is long gone by now. So much has changed since I left there...

Well, I need to replace that dress to complete my uniform, stat. EVL is opening it's doors in less than two weeks, and I need to head out west to speak with a few potential clients. The last thing I want to do is show up in a pants suit. My name is The Red Dawn, not Board Meeting Betty.

-Scarlet

No comments: